Saturday, December 20, 2014

From the diva: Weekly Challenge #198: "K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, silly!)"

It's never been easy for me to refrain from over-thinking, and Zentangle has rarely been any exception.  I often struggle with it, putting way too much thought into anything and everything.

This week's KISS challenge is a welcome reminder for me, and I've got 2 tangles to show for it.


I was drinking coffee.  See the bean?  :) The patterns are Chard (by Linda Farmer) and Mosey, which is one of my own.  You can see the step-out here.  Feel free to use the pattern if you like. :)




I rather like this one. I made it a point not to fill every space (something I tend to do).  I used Cubine (a ZT original), CO2 (by Antonine Megger), Reticulated (by Livia Chua), Girlande (by Simone Bischoff), and a rather simplified version of Scrawlz (by Jane Dickinson).

I hope all of you have a simply wonderful holiday, and I leave you with something I ran across on social media this week.  It has nothing to do with the challenge, but it's a beautiful reminder of how we all shouldn't believe we see our own beauty accurately.



5 comments:

  1. Your tiles are beautiful and the quote is lovely as well! Wishing you a merry season of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 'simple' tiles! The text is great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way Chard looks and must try your Mosey soon. The symmetry in the second tile is great. I also saved the quote you put up, it is so true. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful drawings. Beautiful quote.
    All seem to originate from the same source

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. Moving away from feeling a need to fill every available space is a challenge unto itself. As is over planning a tile. I would try using a string and then randomly picking tangles. It will be uncomfortable at first because you will be moving out of your comfort zone and into the unknown. Think that you will begin to find it rewarding though. Good luck and keep tangling.

    ReplyDelete